If there’s one thing for sure about people, it’s that everyone is totally unique, and that goes for aging adults as well. As we get older, we continue to be the unique and intricate people that we have been our full lives. Assuming that all aging adults act similarly or have similar needs is a cookie cutter approach that just will not work for older adults or those who care for them. Providing personalized home care services to older people warrants a creative and careful approach, crafted with information on who the individual is and what their distinct needs are. This can help to determine the best plan of care to keep the individual healthy and well at home.
Knowing what kinds of services, or combinations of services, are appropriate for your loved one can help the individual live a fulfilling life at home. Partnering with a trusted senior care provider like Happier Home Care for personalized home care services is also incredibly important.
When you’re ready to look for personalized home care services for an aging adult you love, a geriatric care assessment for daily function, depression, and mental status is a critical step that a high quality home care service company will provide to decide which types of services are suggested for the older adult.
A geriatric care assessment is used to:
- Address all of the concerns and difficulties that an aging adult is experiencing
- Develop a plan of care to recommend solutions for recognized issues
- Evaluate an older person’s access to supports that can help them safely remain living at home
- Identify care needs and the frequency of care that should be provided
After completion, a geriatric care assessment can result in:
- Postponing the onset of impairment
- Better health outcomes
- Improved quality of life
- Understanding changes in health before they manifest
- Identifying rehabilitation needs
- Saving on health care costs
- Uncovering early-stage disease
- Planning services to improve safety
- Identifying and correcting fall risks
- Determining a person’s ability to care for himself or herself
During a geriatric care assessment, the professional care provider will take their time to get to know the person for whom care will be provided – their life background, likes and dislikes, and character traits. This time will also be used to get to know the aging adult’s family. Knowing family dynamics, personal history, hobbies and interests, and more can all help home care providers personalize the care they provide for the unique people they serve.
At Happier Home Care, we’re committed to supporting the independence and dignity of each person we serve. When health conditions and life stages lead to the need for a little support or even full-time home care services, we know the changes that follow can be complicated, emotional and overwhelming. We can help you evaluate a loved one’s care needs and determine the best level of in-home care services to ensure the person maintains independence at home. Contact us today online or at 818-651-6679 to find out more about our home care in Pasadena and the nearby areas or to schedule your free in-home assessment.